Information accurate as of June 2022.
Did you know that while consumer trends highlight an increase in online spending from month to month, only 23% of small Irish businesses sell online? Not only that, but it’s thought that of online purchases made in Ireland, up to 70% of these are done in overseas markets. That sounds like a lot of lost business to us!
In order to encourage and support Irish businesses to develop their online trading offer, the Local Enterprise Office (LEO) has developed a financial incentive called the Trading Online Voucher scheme. Recent changes to the scheme have now made it easier and more affordable to avail of, meaning it’s the perfect time to develop your business’s digital footprint and start selling online.
Not sure if your business is eligible or what you can use the grant for? Here’s everything you need to know about the Trading Online Voucher scheme.
What is the Trading Online Voucher scheme?
Under the Government’s National Digital Strategy, the scheme helps small Irish businesses trade online, increase sales and reach new markets via digital methods. It offers financial assistance of up to €2,500 (with co-funding of 50% from the business) along with training and advice to help businesses sell online more effectively. This grant cuts the cost of developing a business’s online trading capacity by half, making it very cost-friendly for small Irish businesses looking to get started online.
Who can apply for the Trading Online Voucher scheme?
Irish businesses must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Trading Online Voucher scheme:
– Limited or no e-commerce presence
– 10 employees or less
– Turnover of less than €2 million
– Business must be trading for at least 6 months
– Business must be located in the area covered by the LEO to whom they make their application (find your nearest LEO here.)
I’ve already availed of the Trading Online Voucher scheme in the past, is there another grant I can receive?
Good news! As of April 8th 2020, businesses that have already received a Trading Online Voucher in the past can now apply for a second voucher where upgrades are required, further improving their online trading capability.
What can the Trading Online Voucher be used for?
The grant can be used for a wide variety of trading online related services including:
– IT consultation
– Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website
– Implementing Online payments or booking systems
– Purchase of Internet-related software
– Developing an app (or multiplatform webpages)
– Development of a digital marketing strategy
– Implementing a digital marketing strategy
– Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an online trading activity
– Subscriptions (excluding transaction costs) to low cost online retail platform solutions
– Purchase of online advertising (T&Cs Apply)
– Purchase of Professional Photography (T&Cs Apply)
Not sure how these apply to your existing business model? Chat to us and we can advise on how to get your business selling online.
How do I apply?
It’s easy to apply for the grant. All you have to do is submit the application form and attend a short information webinar hosted by your Local Enterprise Office.
Interested in availing of the Trading Online Voucher? We’d be more than happy to help with your application. Simply drop us an email today: firstname.lastname@example.org